Own Your Home Loan

TRW Finance

I’m Trent Werrett, one of Perth’s most dedicated home loan brokers.

With over seven years’ experience in the finance and property industry, I’ve made the leap into becoming an independent loan broker in order to offer fair home loan solutions to my customers.

TRW Finance prides itself on being approachable, honest and trustworthy. Therefore, my customers’ goals are always at the centre of the financial solutions I create for them. Above all, I want to add value in an open, honest and responsible way.

I specialise in a variety of home and investment lending solutions to help support your home ownership goals. Whether you are purchasing your first home or refinancing existing home loans – no solution is too difficult. I can tailor a solution to suit each customer’s individual needs, goals and financial wellbeing. In other words, I don’t just want your to own your home, I want you to own your home loan!

Trent Werrett – Loan Broker

I’m a WA local boy, born and raised in Bunbury before moving to Perth. After high school, I attended Curtin University, completing my Bachelor of Commerce (Property & Finance) in 2012.

After earning my degree, I worked in several loan broker businesses and a major bank, gaining indispensable experience in finance and property. As I gained experience, I became passionate about supporting people through their financial journeys with helpful information and competitive loans. That is why I started up my own business in 2022.

A property owner myself, I understand the ups and downs of the journey. My job is to ensure that the journey is smooth from the beginning to beyond settlement. Above all, I want my customers to feel confident and secure in their financial decisions.

In conclusion, I am enthusiastic about financial freedom and independence. As my customer, you will benefit from shared knowledge as together we will discuss how to save time and/or money in order to achieve your financial goals.


TRW Finance are home loan and mortgage advisors that help you find the right finance option. We’ll create the right solution for you, whether you are purchasing your first property, investing in another one or refinancing a property for a more financially desirable solution.

Free you say?

A Home Loan Broker doesn’t charge customers for their services. Lenders (banks) pay loan brokers once a client secures their home loan. Bank fees and government charges may apply. Home Loan Brokers earn their commissions from the bank once a home loan settles.

For more information, check out our frequently asked questions below.


TRW Finance values communication, honesty and loyalty. We are invested in building loyalty so that we can develop long term mutually beneficial relationships.



Free Service



Frequently Asked Questions

How can TRW Finance help?

TRW Finance is a home loan broker and consulting business. We help you find the right finance option whether you are purchasing your first property, investing in another one or refinancing a property to a more financially desirable solution.

Does TRW Finance charge a fee for their services?

We do not charge a fee for use of our services. We are paid via commission from the lender (bank) that the customer ends up deciding to borrow from. Therefore the commission paid to TRW Finance has no extra impact on your home loan cost or repayments and is paid straight from the lender.

How do I book an appointment with TRW Finance?

Whether you are looking to refinance, renovate or get into the property market – there is no time like the present to get in touch and discuss your goals.

To get in touch, please go to the contact section to complete an enquiry. Alternatively, give us a call or text on 0432 614 989.

What information do I need to provide for a home loan appointment?

  • Proof of Identification
  • Details of what you earn
  • Details of what you own
  • Details of what you owe
  • Your insurance information

A few extra points;

  • If you’re self employed, you’ll need to provide your most recent individual and business tax returns (along with ATO Notice of assessment notices, profit & loss statement and balance sheet).
  • If you’re buying a property, you’ll need to provide a copy of the fully signed Contract of Sale.
  • If you’re building, you’ll need to provide a copy of your council approved plans/builders permit along with a Fixed Price Building Contract.
  • If you’re a Temporary/Provisional Visa holder, you’ll need to bring your passport with your Visa information.

Any tips for saving for a home or paying my home loan off sooner?

Helping our customers become financially better off is a core part of what we do at TRW Finance. Hence, we love offering tips and tricks.

Technology makes home loan decisions more complex than ever – for instance LVR, HEM & DTI.

Follow our social media channels for all the latest budgeting and home owning tips.

What is an offset account?

A mortgage offset account is a savings or transaction account that can be linked to your home loan.

The balance of the account ‘offsets’ daily against the balance of your home loan before interest is calculated. Consequently, an offset account can help you cut years off your home loan term and save you money on interest.

If you’d like to know more about offset accounts and how they can impact your interest and repayments, please contact us.

What is HEM?

HEM stands for Household Expenditure Measure. When you’re applying for a home loan, many applications rely on this measurement tool to estimate a borrowers living expenses. In other words, HEM measures how much money someone can afford to borrow.

To clarify, if an applicant declares their living expenses below HEM, the lender will do a deep dive into their bank statements to verify the reason for their low expenses. As a result, this may or may not work in your favour.

If you’d like to know more about HEM and how it can impact your borrowing capacity, please contact us.

What is LVR?

The Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVR) is the amount you’re borrowing, represented as a % of the value of the property you are buying. In other words, the bigger your deposit, the lower your LVR will be.

In addition, if your LVR is greater than 80%, you’ll generally need to get Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI).

If you’d like to know more, please contact our home loan broker.